Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Wonderfull (Full of Wonder) Wednesday

 
Looking for the wonder in everyday life! 
I'd love for you to join me on this journey. 
If you find wonder along the way, please leave a link in the comments,
so others can share in your wonder!

Isn't it wonderfull to see a dream come true?

Bunny and I have been talking for months about going to see real ponies some day. She kept telling me she wanted to ride one, but I honestly expected her to change her mind when the time came. We were out shopping, and saw a sign for Pony Rides. Papa pulled the car right over. I asked her if she wanted to get out and see them, still expecting her to pet one at the most. I thought for sure she wouldn't really want to ride one.


I was wrong. She was fearless!

She sat astride Pepper, her face beaming with excitement and pride.
Never even a hint of worry in her eye. She loved every second.
The wind was whipping cold that day, or we might never have gotten her off that pony.

Having fueled her passion for horses even further, we are now planning a trip to see more horses, sometime soon. 



If a child is to keep alive his inborn sense of wonder without any such gift from the fairies, he needs the companionship of at least one adult who can share it, rediscovering with him the joy, excitement and mystery of the world we live in” ~ Rachel Carson
 
 


Each week I join several linky parties!  What a fun way to share and learn! 
Natural Living Monday,  The Children's Bookshelf,  Monday's Kid Corner, Hey Mom, Look What I Did!, Montessori Monday, Made by Little Hands, Homemade Mondays, Mama Moments Monday {Link Up}The Gathering Spot,  Little Wonders' Days,  Mom's Monday Mingle,  Hip Homeschool Hop, Mom's Library,  Tuesday Tots, (tot school tuesday), The Tuesday Baby Link-Up, Keep Calm Craft On {crafting on}, Tuned in Tuesday, Teach Me Tuesday, TOO Cute Tuesday, Open Call Tuesday, Backyard Farming Connection HopTuned in Tuesday, Kids in the Kitchen,  Waldorf Wednesday,  It's PlaytimeWe Made That Linky, What I Learned Wednesday, Super Link PartyKids Co-Op,  Artsy Play Wednesday, Healthy 2Day Wednesday, Wildcrafting Wednesday, Adorned From Above, Frugal Days, Sustainable WaysKids CraftsLink and LearnThrifty Thursday,  Hearts for Home,  needle and thREAD, Made U LookTender Moments with Toddlers and Preschoolers,  Natural Living Link-Up, Small Footprint Friday,  Our Days Homeschool Link-Up,  For the Kids Friday, Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday, Read. Explore. Learn.Creative Learning on Friday,  Preschool and Kindergarten Corner, Friday's Nature TableThe Friday Baby Shower,  TGIF Linky PartyFamily Fun Friday,  Creative Friday, Friday Flair Link Party, Shine on Fridays, Friday FavsOutdoor Play Party,  Do Something CraftySaturday Show and Tell,  Tot School Gathering Place,  Sharing Saturday, Share It Saturday, Country Kids, Link and Learn, sharing creative, ideas {all weekend}, Show and Share Saturday, The Sunday Showcase, The Preschool Prekinder Nook, Fun Sparks, The Sunday Parenting Party, Making Boys MenSpring CarnivalMade with Love, Raising Memories

And each week I co-host Eco-Kids Tuesday Link-Up!


8 comments:

  1. Bunny looks so much older in this picture. She just had a birthday... but wow, something about this picture makes her look like a little lady (maybe it's the wind blown hair?).

    We love pony rides too!

    Wishing you a lovely day!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful picture! And I agree with Jennifer, she does look like a little lady. Growing up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw...what a brave little girl! She's lucky to have such great parents, too! I think the greatest gift my parents ever gave me was riding lessons when I was 12, there's something about little girls and horses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took riding lessons too, so I have a soft spot for my horse lovin' girly!

      Delete
  4. There's nothing like your first pony ride! And I think Bunny looks SO much like you in this picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great photo. My daughter also had a pony craze, but at the first ride we found out she was alergic to horses. By the end of the ride she had started to puff up, and we had to rush to a chemist for antihystemines. It was sad, as she was so keen.

    ReplyDelete